I hope you all had a great weekend & are pumped to start a new week.
Todays Q&A is with Melissa. Melissa is a bad ass spiritual guru that I absolutely adore. She is someone I find incredibly inspiring so I was so excited when she wanted to be apart of this series.
Her & her man are in a long distance relationship - this is something I think most would struggle with (myself included) yet she does it fearlessly with such a fabulous outlook. I love her answers & hope you enjoy reading them!
Make sure to follow her on instagram for daily affirmations, positive vibes, & the healthiest of recipes!
Q&A with Melissa!
1. What is the status of your current relationship?
I am in a long term, long distance relationship
2. How long have you been together together?
We have been together for 4 years
3. How did you meet?
We crossed each other on the street in Italy on the 1st day of a 3 month European vacation! The rest is history!
4. Do you feel the same way you felt for your partner at the beginning of the relationship? If not, whats changed?
No, I am just as obsessed with him but the feelings are deeper and stronger for sure.
5. Define commitment:
When nothing outside of your relationship can change the way you feel and your behavior constantly honors your relationship.
6. What makes your relationship unique?
We are crazy for each other, we live on different continents, we spend months together and then months apart, we have traveled to many different continents together, and we even moved to a strange new country together!
7. What has been the most difficult challenge in the relationship?
The distance situation can be difficult, but we deal with it really well. While it's not fun to be apart, we know deep down it's an investment in our future happiness.
8. What is the most rewarding aspect of the relationship?
When we ARE together, we have such a wonderful time and we go on so many adventures together and have so many beautiful moments together.
9. Define unconditional love:
When you know beyond the shadow of a doubt, even during an argument, that nothing can change the way you feel about this person.
10. How important to you, is honesty and trust in relationships? Share your reason for your answer.
I would say it's the most important thing! It's all part of communication. When you have unshakable trust in your partner that's all you need! It's the foundation for a strong relationship. Your focus should not be wasted on doubting your partner, but on how to make your partner feel loved and appreciated.
11. How important to you, is communication in relationships? Share your reason for your answer.
Communication is really important and I think it's intertwined with honesty. Sometimes people will hide how they feel or omit details they think will make their partner upset, but in doing that, you're compromising your partner's trust. Anytime you feel anything, or know or do something you know your partner should know, have the courage to speak up and tell your partner.
12. How do you think fear effects relationships?
I think the fear of not being enough or losing your partner can affect your relationship, but those are all things that can be sorted out through communication and honesty.
13. What is your greatest fear about your relationship or relationships going forward?
I don't really fear anything with regard to my relationship, I trust and believe deep down that whatever happens will be for my greatest good.
14. What have you sacrificed in your relationship?
I have sacrificed the usual stuff someone in a long distance relationship sacrifices. I'm investing time apart for future happiness together.
15. What do you think of gender stereotypes?
If you mean gender stereotypes in terms of a relationship, I think it depends couple to couple so it's difficult to generalize.
16. How have you personally grown/what have you learned form the relationship?
He has taught me so much about communication, he has taught me to love myself and believe in myself.
17. Any regrets?
18. Greatest advice someone ever gave you about relationships?
If you're not happy, leave. No matter what you depend on them for.
19. What do you think of the saying "you cant learn to love anyone else, unless you love yourself"
It's true to a certain extent because there are several layers of self-love. You can't be in a pit of self-hate and have a solid relationship and depend on them to fill the void where you hate yourself. But I think once you begin to love yourself, a relationship is a great way to learn about self love as someone else loves you.
20. What do you love most about yourself?
I love that I am an open, positive and loving person.
21. What are your hopes going forward and what do you most look forward to?
My hopes are that we live a magical, healthy and happy life together filled with adventures and laughter. I look forward to seeing him again in one month!! And of course finally closing the distance next year!
22. Best Valentine's date?
2 years ago when I was living in Australia with my man. We went to see American Hustle and got some pizza. Simple but so perfect!