What made you happy this week?
Focusing on the positive is something I am all about. I think in the busyness of all of our lives its good to take some time to just sit and think about the past week and be grateful for the awesome things happening in life.
Throughout the week there were times I felt completely overwhelmed and chaotic. When thinking back to my week I realized I really didn't have much to freak about. I think sometimes I create chaos because I am used to it and its comfortable. Making lists like this and thinking back to all that happened this week makes me realize this tendency I have. Really this week was awesome! The crazy I experienced was something I created. This is why I love blogging, I start to realize things about myself as I write. Its fantastic!
This week was basically filled with great people, great food, and great times. I sure enjoyed it!
1. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee....I had lots this week! The coffee we bought from the store was not very good which meant going to Beans & Brews often! Made my week so great! They even messaged me on Twitter saying thanks for all the shout outs I gave them. That was cool, since I am basically their biggest fan!
2. Thinking of Disney. We are about ready to start planning our next trip, so there has been lots of talk thus far of Disneyland! Just fantasizing about going makes me all giddy! We would be flying this time rather than driving. Would we want to go when its decorated for Fall or Christmas? Quick 1 day trip or decent 3 day trip? AHHH! So much excitement!
3. Day date Thursday! Josh and I went to brunch Thursday early before work. It was nice because we were basically the only ones there. It was a very peaceful breakfast at Cafe Niche (which I am now addicted to). Their food is absolutely amazing! My lovely sister is obsessed with brunch and I think I finally understand the craze about it.
It just feels good to be around people you love in a beautiful place eating fantastic food and having great conversation. After breakfast we went to Lush because they have all their new products for Fall/Christmas coming out. I was really overdue for some new products! Being there makes me realize how obsessed I am with Lush. Haha one of the ladies called me "The Lush Queen". If that is a brand I am associated with that is A-OK with me!
4. My dear friend Connor came to visit from Colorado. We had a blast! We always have fun with each other because we are both total goofs! It was so good to see him!
5. Saturday Josh and I went to Cheesecake Factory. Even though we have done a lot of fun things the last few weeks we had also had a lot of shitty food and gaming nights. It was time for a fancy feast, so we got all dressed up and went out to dinner! It was packed as usual but we got seated relatively quick! I was in the mood to try all new things which was super fun!
6. I pulled an amazing tarot reading. I had 3 wands which represent action. Essentially what I learned is that things are in the works and its go time. I need to organize my thoughts and goals and prioritize what I want to do. Pulling my cards myself is a very personal and spiritual experience for me. It feels like therapy and I get so excited about my self discovery and working on my shit. I think taking some time out of the week to focus on you is important. So this "me time" is all about reflection, journal writing, and tarot :)
7. I have so many books on my to read list. It takes me so long to read a book because I have the worst attention span! I am reading Gabby Bernsteins Sprit Junkie book right now, and have been for the last 6 months! Ha! Always good thoughts and things in her books, I will finish it by next Sunday!
8. NERD ALERT! With the new WoW expansion you get a level 90 character boost. After lots of thought on what I want to use my boost for I chose a human rogue. Holy shit kids they're the coolest! I nerd out hard and lots of thought goes into each character and what they specialize in, look like, their name etc...and I was so worried I was gonna waste my boost on something dumb! Shes pretty cool, lets just say that! Happy about my choice!
9. Vampire Diaries and The Originals! So since I burned through the last season of Vampire Diaries like an obsessed psycho I now have to wait for each episode of the new season like a normal person and watch it once a week. I started The Originals on Netflix so I could also obsess over that! It gives me my fix haha! I love those shows!
*SPOILER ALERT: So if you're up to speed on Vampire Diaries then you know that we just learned that Damon & Bonnie met someone else in this weird limbo that they are in. Bonnie got her magic back which is sweet cause that means they will most likely will be able to come back from limbo and be around again! AHH! So great!
10. Sundays are my favorite day of the week! Drinking coffee in my living room, cuddled up with all three dogs, writing about things that made me happy this week. This is what makes me happy! The simplicity of having a day to just slow down a little feels good, and I NEED it to start my work week off right.
Make this next week great and enjoy the rest of your lovely Sunday!